2014 "Standard Repertoire Project" AUDITION APPLICATION
1) While there are no age limits, dell’Arte Opera Ensemble's participants tend to be 21-40 and are poised to launch (or have already begun) operatic careers.
2) You must have completed an undergraduate degree (not necessarily in music) to be cast in supporting and principal roles. Applicants currently enrolled in undergraduate programs will be considered for ensemble/comprimario roles.
3) Most participants are drawn from the New York City metropolitan area. Singers must be within commuting distance for workshops and coachings throughout the spring (as early as April for principal roles) and regular rehearsal and performance schedule from early July through the end of August.
Please read the full SRP information page
and SRP program description before beginning.
1) Carefully fill out the form, and submit, at which point you will receive a reference number to write on the memo line of your check.
2) Send the processing fee of $35 ($30 if postmarked by Dec. 15, 2013) to the address below (check or money order ONLY, with reference number in the memo line), along with a printed copy of your application (using the button provided) your headshot and resume. NO STAPLES PLEASE, paper clips only. The fee includes use of our accompanist (there is no discount for bringing your own, which we discourage). Incomplete applications will not be processed.
3) DO NOT use Express Mail or any other method which requires a signature for pickup. The postmark deadline for the paper part of the application is Wednesday, January 15, 2014.
4) If you have sung for us before and we choose not to hear you in a live audition, we will return your application fee via US Mail. For all other applicants, once the check is received, the fee is non-refundable.
5) Receipt of your application will be acknowledged via email. You will be notified of your audition time as soon as possible. Please, NO PHONE INQUIRIES about audition times
Send materials to:
DELL’ARTE OPERA ENSEMBLE
P.O. Box 4526
Grand Central Station
New York, NY 10163
Check or money order with reference number on the memo line
Printed Application Form
Headshot (do not staple to resume)
Resume (one page only)